What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS Security Explained

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple provide very good documentation about iOS security for iOS 8.3 and later. This document is in the form of a .PDF file and can be viewed in Safari and opened in iBooks on an iOS device.

Please visit this web page for more information: https://www.apple.com/business/docs/iOS_Security_Guide.pdf

It is also available as a free ebook at the Apple book store (accessed via iBooks app). Search for "user guide for iOS 8"

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is also available as a free ebook at the Apple book store (accessed via iBooks app). Search for "user guide for iOS 8"
I'm not able to find it. Can you provide a link to the guide from the iBooks store? There are guides for the individual devices but they don't delve as deeply into iOS security as does the guide I linked.

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open the iBooks app, select "featured" at the bottom of page, type into the search "user guide for..." . It will offer suggestions including 8.3. Open that suggestion. It will offer guide to the pad, phone or pod. Select the one you want. You are using ios8 on your device it appears.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Open the iBooks app, select "featured" at the bottom of page, type into the search "user guide for..." . It will offer suggestions including 8.3. Open that suggestion. It will offer guide to the pad, phone or pod. Select the one you want. You are using ios8 on your device it appears.
That gets you to user guides, not the book on iOS security.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

You seem to be talking about the "iPad User Guide for iOS 8.3". While there is some security information in the user guide (mostly security relate settings), the PDF ardchoille is linking too is a more complete overview of iOS 8.3 security. Like him, I do not see it in the iBook Store.

Edit: I guess I was slow getting this one posted. :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You seem to be talking about the "iPad User Guide for iOS 8.3". While there is some security information in the user guide (mostly security relate settings), the PDF ardchoille is linking too is a more complete overview of iOS 8.3 security. Like him, I do not see it in the iBook Store.

Edit: I guess I was slow getting this one posted. :)
Agreed. The only mention of it I found online was the PDF version that ardchoille linked to in his post.

Most reactions

Latest posts