What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages, Keynote, and Numbers Get New iOS 11 Features

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Pages, Keynote, and Numbers get new iOS 11 features iPad.JPG

9to5 Mac reports today that Apple has updated its Pages, Numbers and Keynotes apps with new iOS 11 features.

First off, Pages has a new look for its document manager to make it easier to view files from third-party service providers and iCloud Drive. Drag and drop support for iPad has also been added, among many other new enhancements, such as being able to select a paragraph of text with a triple-tap gesture. Also, improved PDF export means that you can view a document’s table of contents in the sidebar in PDF viewing apps.

Secondly, Numbers gets many of the same updates as Pages, including document manager, drag and drop, and Files app integration. New Numbers-specific features include new date, time, and duration keyboards to make it easier to enter values, as well as new “smart steppers” that let you make minor adjustments to existing data, time and duration values faster.

And finally, Keynote also has many of the same common features added as Pages and Numbers, as well as other features such as support for Break Apart command for complex shapes from the shapes library, and being able to use Unite, Intersect, Subtract, and Exclude commands to create new shapes.

Source: Apple updates Pages, Numbers, and Keynote with new iOS 11 features

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got it last night in Germany 1 hour behind you, try again

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve also updated these apps yesterday. Usually, Apple provides updates to software as well as apps at the same time around the globe.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got it last night in Germany 1 hour behind you, try again
We are an hour ahead.

That doesn’t matter in this case, though. When an update is available, everyone gets it immediately, no matter which timezone and time.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would suggest that something else is amiss.
Is everything ok with your system?
Try doing a reset, sorry don’t know iPad you own on mine it’s pressing both buttons until the Apple appears and then releasing them.
Then trying again.
Hope it helps for you

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got it in the uk this morning. Go to updates on The App Store and pull down to refresh the updates list, in the way you pull down to check mail. Although I had checked the update list each day, it was not until I did the refresh that I found I had updates going back 3 days. (No doubt the servers are busy with ios11 updates.)

Most reactions

Latest posts