What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 8

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any hope that the many nuisances and annoyances with this "upgrade" will ever be fixed?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there any hope that the many nuisances and annoyances with this "upgrade" will ever be fixed?

Well, is this just a FYI post or do you have a useful question that might help others? ;)

First, what iDevice are you using and have you upgraded to iOS 8.1.1 - second, what specific problems or annoyances are you having, i.e. there may be 'some' solutions that can be suggested. Dave :)

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, is this just a FYI post or do you have a useful question that might help others? ;)

First, what iDevice are you using and have you upgraded to iOS 8.1.1 - second, what specific problems or annoyances are you having, i.e. there may be 'some' solutions that can be suggested. Dave :)
IOS 8.1.1, Ipad 2
Some examples... Recently visited shows up sometime and other times does not. I know of no way to permanently shut it off. No "x" to close a page. Have to reduce the screen then x to close. No headings on the top of a page, have to scroll down to get them. Problems with having to reload pages because of a "problem", what ever that is. These are just a few. I wish I could go back to iOS 7.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
IOS 8.1.1, Ipad 2
Some examples... Recently visited shows up sometime and other times does not. I know of no way to permanently shut it off. No "x" to close a page. Have to reduce the screen then x to close. No headings on the top of a page, have to scroll down to get them. Problems with having to reload pages because of a "problem", what ever that is. These are just a few. I wish I could go back to iOS 7.

Hello again - you'll have to be clearer in your explanation? Not sure what you mean by 'visited shows' - movies, TV shows, websites, or something else? Are you in an app(s) and/or on a browser - if so, provide more details.

If not already done, try to 'Force Close' the offending apps and if not helpful, then 'Reset' the iPad (directions below if not done before) - good luck! Dave :)
When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom’) - iOS 7.x/8.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello again - you'll have to be clearer in your explanation? Not sure what you mean by 'visited shows' - movies, TV shows, websites, or something else? Are you in an app(s) and/or on a browser - if so, provide more details.

If not already done, try to 'Force Close' the offending apps and if not helpful, then 'Reset' the iPad (directions below if not done before) - good luck! Dave :)
On the home page recently visited site icons show up sometimes and sometime they don't. It is annoying and useless but there appears to be no way to make it stop altogether.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It appears that all your complaints concern Safari. I don't care for Safari and its strange feature set either, which is why I use Mercury instead. There are lots of alternative browsers, so try a few of them and see if one doesn't make you happier.

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears that all your complaints concern Safari. I don't care for Safari and its strange feature set either, which is why I use Mercury instead. There are lots of alternative browsers, so try a few of them and see if one doesn't make you happier.
Thank you. How do I do that?

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think yeah it has. Apple always make the most of what they can. Maybe we still need to wait.

Most reactions

Latest posts