IOS 8

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by fogey0, Nov 24, 2014.

1. fogey0

fogey0
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Is there any hope that the many nuisances and annoyances with this "upgrade" will ever be fixed?

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, is this just a FYI post or do you have a useful question that might help others? ;)

First, what iDevice are you using and have you upgraded to iOS 8.1.1 - second, what specific problems or annoyances are you having, i.e. there may be 'some' solutions that can be suggested. Dave :)

3. fogey0

fogey0
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    IOS 8.1.1, Ipad 2
    Some examples... Recently visited shows up sometime and other times does not. I know of no way to permanently shut it off. No "x" to close a page. Have to reduce the screen then x to close. No headings on the top of a page, have to scroll down to get them. Problems with having to reload pages because of a "problem", what ever that is. These are just a few. I wish I could go back to iOS 7.

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello again - you'll have to be clearer in your explanation? Not sure what you mean by 'visited shows' - movies, TV shows, websites, or something else? Are you in an app(s) and/or on a browser - if so, provide more details.

If not already done, try to 'Force Close' the offending apps and if not helpful, then 'Reset' the iPad (directions below if not done before) - good luck! Dave :)

5. fogey0

fogey0
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    On the home page recently visited site icons show up sometimes and sometime they don't. It is annoying and useless but there appears to be no way to make it stop altogether.

6. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    It appears that all your complaints concern Safari. I don't care for Safari and its strange feature set either, which is why I use Mercury instead. There are lots of alternative browsers, so try a few of them and see if one doesn't make you happier.

7. fogey0

fogey0
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thank you. How do I do that?

8. Gtatler

Gtatler
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Search the app store for browsers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Yep, fire up the App Store and search for the opera browser, Mercury, or even google chrome. All of those are heavily used alternatives to safari.

10. alicepattinson

alicepattinson
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I think yeah it has. Apple always make the most of what they can. Maybe we still need to wait.