What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 8 and AirPrint

umrmbguest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot get my iDevices to use my AirPrint printer as served by Linux. Anyone have a solution?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is it a Linux app serving up the printer as AirPrint compatible, or is the Printer itself AirPrint compatible?

If the first, it may require an update of whatever app you are using on the Linux machine; which I have no idea how to deal with.

If the second, then the Linux computer shouldn't matter. It's between the printer, router, and iPad. If restarting all three does not work make sure the printer is joining the wi-fi network. Also check with the printer's manufacturer to see if they've got a firmware update available.

And that's about the limit of my knowledge on the subject.

OP
U

umrmbguest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had to get the bonjour service on the Linux server set correctly. All works great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How can use airprint on my HP JaserJet Pro MFP M125a ???o_Oo_O:(:(

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) According to Apple's AirPrint Compatibility List, your printer is not included, sorry. I own two AirPrint printers, a Canon Inkjet & a Brother Laser jet, so cannot really help much w/ the HP products.

You might want to check this HP Support Page to see if they have provided a 'work around', often a software app that goes on your computer and mimics 'AirPrint' over a Wi-Fi network. Also go to the App Store and search on 'Air Print' - there might be an app or two there that can simulate AirPrint - don't know for sure at the moment but I did use one several years ago on my PC w/ non-AirPrint printers - it's no longer available.

Good luck and hopefully others w/ HP machines will come along w/ more specific advice. Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts