What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting AirPrint to work on all network printers?

naviman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! My iPad recognises my printer now, though I haven't tested it yet.

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey thanks boobie... It seems to work when both of my laptops are off (Mac and windows) as soon as I open one of them it's hit or miss(specially with the vista) I'm gonna have to take off AirPrint from my windows laptop... Not simple as printopia for Mac... All you have to do is remove it from the preference pane With vista I can't delete the AirPrint file... It says I have to get a permission do delete it :-(

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately you are not finished yet, the script (hack) you ran created a service in windows. If you do not disable the service everytime you restart windows airprint will restart. You will need to go into services in control panel and locate the airprint service and disable it. If airprint is running you must stop it before you will be allowed to delete it. Shut it down in task manager first and then try to remove it, but you should also disable the service.

Tom

Last edited:

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow I don't know what happened but I boot up my vista laptop and when straight to the AirPrint folder took it dumped it in the trash and it finally worked it didn't asked for any permission... That's weird... I was trying to delete this folder for the pass 3hours and i couldn't... Right after that I checked in the task manager and didn't see any airprint.exe.. It's finally gone!!! Now each time I launch easy photo print from my iPad or iPhone it connects instantly!! I'll just wait for the official thing lol!! Thank you for your help b00bie!!! It's great I didn't have to wait 4 days to get a reply... Really thanks again b00bie!!

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ya gotta love Windows:D Glad I could help. Steve says the real thing is coming any day now.........

Tom

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup sometimes windows sucks and sometimes it doesn't.... In this case it sucked big time... The only reason I tried it on the windows machine was because I could see the double side option when printing from the iPad... On the Mac I didn't have this option...
But yeh can't wait for the real thing to come... I don't have a hp printer so my CPU as to remain on... Mind as well go to the CPU and print it from there... Another thing is when I printed photos form the photo app the pictures looked terrible compare to the easy photo print app from canon...

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is my very first Apple product and I did a lot of research before I went for it. I really believe that tablets are the future laptops, but we are at the start of a journey that may take some time. My PC's run all the time and I hardly print any pictures so having the ability to print an occasional email is all I really wanted and the hack does it for me. In truth this pad actually exceeded my expectations and I find myself spending more and more time with it. Just what I needed another distraction :D

P.S. i just bought an AppleTV to play with...I believe I have drunk the Kool-Ade

Last edited:

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my very first Apple product and I did a lot of research before I went for it. I really believe that tablets are the future laptops, but we are at the start of a journey that may take some time. My PC's run all the time and I hardly print any pictures so having the ability to print an occasional email is all I really wanted and the hack does it for me. In truth this pad actually exceeded my expectations and I find myself spending more and more time with it. Just what I needed another distraction :D

P.S. i just bought an AppleTV to play with...I believe I have drunk the Kool-Ade

Haha i bought it too combine this with airplay and netflix and you got a winner!! :) its funny how i used to hate apple... Since the iphone 3g i never stopped buying apple products... Plus i like the fact that you can just go to the apple store and exchange your defect product... Now try that with a samsung galaxy tab... Lol

sadbttru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all!

Just got a new iPad and we have the canon mg6120. Great printer, love the iPad. We got it because my pc is toast. So we have only the iPad as computer now. Is there anyway to get this printer and iPad to talk to each other? I want to be able to print documents. Thanks!!

jemmaze31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jackwade512 said:
I went by ModMyI and found their hack. Installed it and it works like a champ. It literally took 15 seconds and BAM now I can print from my iPad.

Please help me I still can't print from mine!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts