What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7.02 No bleep when starting charger

alandlaney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Since "upgrading" to iOS 7.02 (went straight to this version - did not try 7.01) recently I seem to have lost the reassuring bleep that occurred when charger was switched on.
Just get a tiny little lightning icon top right - very difficult to see.
Bleep was useful as it confirmed everything was plugged in correctly & switched on.
All other sounds, notifications working fine.
Can I get it back?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
Since "upgrading" to iOS 7.02 (went straight to this version - did not try 7.01) recently I seem to have lost the reassuring bleep that occurred when charger was switched on.
Just get a tiny little lightning icon top right - very difficult to see.
Bleep was useful as it confirmed everything was plugged in correctly & switched on.
All other sounds, notifications working fine.
Can I get it back?

Hi Alan. The sound on charger connection is still there but, on my iPad3, it has changed to what I would call a pleasant single "bong" (and no I don't smoke 'em);)
On any system revision/update when a problem like this appears, it's a good idea to reset your iPad (sorry if you have already tried this)
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.
Hoping that helps!
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

OP
A

alandlaney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Have already tried reset - to no avail.
Anymore suggestions?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your side switch set to mute? Try changing it's position for a few times and see what happens.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ya know, I noticed that mine doesn't beep anymore either. Not really a big deal though....hmmmmm? I'll try the suggestions here. I wonder if it has to be setup in the sounds section or whatever?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if it has to be setup in the sounds section or whatever?
There's no way to set it up, neither in Sounds nor somewhere else. If you don't hear the sound, check your volume buttons or the side switch, or reset your device.

Most reactions

Latest posts