What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7.0.4 released, comes with fix for FaceTime call issues

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
Screenshot-2013-11-14-16.58.54-590x362.jpg

Apple has rolled out the latest version of its mobile platform iOS, bringing fixes and updates to its Spotlight search engine, iCloud Keychain as well a putting an end to annoying FaceTime call issues reported by users.

Apple has released yesterday the latest iOS 7.0.4 version for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices that is now available for download. The software update is just 17MB and should take about 10 minutes to install on your iDevice. It can be downloaded via the software update tool in the settings menu on iOS devices.

Bug fixes and improvements, including a fix for an issue that causes FaceTime calls to fail for some users. For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: Apple security updates

The iOS 7.0.4 update comes just three weeks after the release of iOS 7.0.3, which added support for iCloud Keychain and fixed accelerometer issues. Now, the iOS 7.0.4 update further improves iCloud Keychain support, as well. Apple also made some changes to Spotlight, the iOS device's internal search engine, bringing back the ability to search Google and Wikipedia from the results. Adam Mills from GottaBeMobile weighs in and says that iOS 7.0.4 is a safe upgrade, referring to iPad users:

I can only speak from my experience with iOS 7.0.3 and iOS 7.0.4. Besides the lag and the issues with Netflix and Chrome, my experience in iOS 7.0.3 was pretty darn good. iOS 7.0.4 doesn’t seem to have changed anything other than possibly having fixed my lag issues. I expect them to return but that’s just me being pessimistic. There is no guarantee that they will. The point here is that iOS 7.0.4 doesn’t seem to break anything and that should mean that it will only help those that are having problems inside iOS 7.0.3 and below. There’s a chance that it could have some bugs on board but I haven’t found any just yet. So, at this point, I can say that iOS 7.0.4 is a safe upgrade, even for those that are looking to jailbreak their iPad 3.

Apple has also released iOS 6.1.5 for the fourth generation iPod touch, which brings fixes for the same FaceTime issue. A new version 6.0.2 of the Apple TV software has also been made available.

Source: Geek.com, GottaBeMobile

lachi939

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cant see 7.0.4 update

Hi,
I am at bangalore and have a ipad3 Wifi version. Never changed the iOS from the originally laoded 5.1.1
Setting/ general/Software update shows only 7.0.3 and I have not installed it. Why is 7.0.4 is howing in my update, as I would like to install the latest.

Moebius146

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, just thought I'd finally bite the bullet with iOS 7 and loaded 7.0.4. Worked pretty simply, most features seem ok

BUT

I can't turn on location services, which means 'Find my iPad' isn't on, even though I enabled it on the setup after flashing to iOS 7. Any suggestions? I have checked that restrictions are disabled (even checked location services changes are allowed), but still can't turn on location services. :-(

Sent from my iPad using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, just thought I'd finally bite the bullet with iOS 7 and loaded 7.0.4. Worked pretty simply, most features seem ok BUT I can't turn on location services, which means 'Find my iPad' isn't on, even though I enabled it on the setup after flashing to iOS 7. Any suggestions? I have checked that restrictions are disabled (even checked location services changes are allowed), but still can't turn on location services. :-( Sent from my iPad using iPF
I hope this will help:
Go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings. You have to setup settings again, it should be possible to disable/enable Location Services.

Moebius146

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope this will help: Go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings. You have to setup settings again, it should be possible to disable/enable Location Services.
Yep thanks J.A. - a few other settings have popped up which were different too, so might be a worthwhile instruction for anyone whenever upgrading from an earlier iOS (in this case 6.1.3) :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep thanks J.A. - a few other settings have popped up which were different too, so might be a worthwhile instruction for anyone whenever upgrading from an earlier iOS (in this case 6.1.3) :) Sent from my iPad using iPF
You're welcome. :)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am at bangalore and have a ipad3 Wifi version. Never changed the iOS from the originally laoded 5.1.1
Setting/ general/Software update shows only 7.0.3 and I have not installed it. Why is 7.0.4 is howing in my update, as I would like to install the latest.

I would not worry as I suspect the update info has been there for some time. You need to decide if you wish to update plus gain the many new features. I suspect if you did a reset ie home bottom and on off key pressed until Apple logo appears then 7.04 will appear. Once you start the upgrade all will be fine.

I assume you are near Byron Bay NSW Australia welcome from Brisbane

Most reactions