What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.3.2 Coming Soon?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_launch.JPG

Boy Genius Report says that it has heard from its Apple Sources that another iOS update, iOS 4.3.2, will be released within the next two weeks. According to BGR, the new update will have some enhancements (no details about what they might be as yet), as well as fixing various bugs and security issues. Maybe this is a fix for the security hole that was found by a hacker during a hacking competition the other week as it wasn’t mentioned in the notes for iOS 4.3.1. Some users have also still been experiencing battery drain on their devices since installing 4.3.1, finding that their battery is draining at an alarming rate, so it’s to be hoped this issue will be addressed by the update as well. I’m sure we’ll start to find out more about it in the next few days. As usual, the update will be compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPads 1 and 2.

Source: Apple to release iOS 4.3.2 in the next two weeks | BGR

PMudditt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lets hope they have fixed the 3G bug that was introduced with iOS4.3 because they forgot to fix it in iOS4.3.1, I guess because it doesn't seem to affect anyone in the USA it just wasn't on the radar.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lets hope they have fixed the 3G bug that was introduced with iOS4.3 because they forgot to fix it in iOS4.3.1, I guess because it doesn't seem to affect anyone in the USA it just wasn't on the radar.

I'm curious. What is the 3G bug? First time I've seen it mentioned and my iPad is strictly wifi.

Rad76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course it's coming soon, 4.3.1 is jailbroken ;)

PMudditt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@hookbill, re the 3G bug, if you leave 3G and WiFi turned ON all of the time then you never see any problems, however if you turn 3G off which most people do to conserve battery and 3G allowance, then if you turn 3G on when you are out and about then you cannot get any network access.

There are some workarounds like I mentioned don't turn 3G off or a rather unusual one of editing he APN setting a liitle. By a lttle I mean deleting the last character fom the APN string and for some reason this makes 3G connect until the next time you turn 3G off and the on again, then you hsve to edit the APN again maybe put back the character that you deleted last time and it starts working again. It is really a pain to have to do this and it only started when iOS4.3 was issued.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@hookbill, re the 3G bug, if you leave 3G and WiFi turned ON all of the time then you never see any problems, however if you turn 3G off which most people do to conserve battery and 3G allowance, then if you turn 3G on when you are out and about then you cannot get any network access.

This has never happened to me. I turn 3G off all the time when I'm at home within the area of my WIFI network and turn 3G back on when I go out. It always connects with the 3G network. (Roger's Canada in my case). I do this every day.

I updated to iOs 4.3 when it was released and haven't yet upgraded to 4.3.1. I wonder if some of the 3G bug lies with the 3G network provider?

Most reactions

Latest posts