What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6 downgrade to iOS 5.1.1?

dulara1996

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G SHSH Blobs.I have 5.1.1 blobs.But haven't got 4.3.x blobs.If anyone has 4.x blobs.Send me a PM.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but blobs are specific to each device. You can't use blobs from another device. They just won't work.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Monstermanhbf said:
Thanks both of you that explains things perfectly. I hate being a newb! LOL

We all started that way. Keep coming back and before you know it you'll no longer be a noob, you'll be helping others with their problems.

hanellelee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just upgraded to iOS 6 because I forgot my restrictions code and had to restore everything.
Anyways, I haven't saved any shsh blobs but I did back up my iPad to my computer right before I upgraded.
Can I find shsh blobs from this back up?
Please help me!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hanellelee said:
Hi, I just upgraded to iOS 6 because I forgot my restrictions code and had to restore everything.
Anyways, I haven't saved any shsh blobs but I did back up my iPad to my computer right before I upgraded.
Can I find shsh blobs from this back up?
Please help me!

You already asked this same question in the hacking section and the answer is, unfortunately, still the same, blobs are not stored in your backup in iTunes and you won't be able to downgrade without blobs.

berberp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I also have a question about this. I just recently got an ipad and with my noobass just downloaded the ios 6 version without thinking. Now im finding out there's not a jailbreak yet for this version so I would also (like everyone else probably) downgrade to version 5.1.1. But this doesnt work without the shsh blobs. (Which I obviously dont have cuz I just connected my ipad 3 with ios6 for the first time to my pc today).
Anyway! What my actual question is, (and im afraid I already kinda know the answer) is it possible to downgrade without the blobs? Cuz I stumbled upon a dutch website that says it is.
It says when you download the right ipsw file you can do a restore in itunes and it should downgrade. But Im afraid to do so cuz I dont know if this is a legit method or not.. ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. You cannot downgrade without blobs. Ever.

Don't care what anyone tells you (or what you read). As of today, there is no method available to downgrade an iOS without blobs. None.

Heh, if it were only that easy.... :)

Marilyn

berberp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply!:) I had a feeling it was to good to be true ! Well, guess im gonna wait for the 6.0 jailbreak then..

BryT94

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I give up trying to downgrade my ipad 2 running 6.0.1 to 5.1.1

sorry, but blobs are specific to each device. You can't use blobs from another device. They just won't work.

Marilyn

so you cant get a 4.x blobs, ever??

Most reactions

Latest posts