What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrade iPad 2 from iOS 6.1.3 to an earlier version

kieslowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

how can I downgrade my iPad 2 from iOS 6.1.3 to ANY earlier version of iOS? I have SHSH blobs for 5.1.1., 6.1.2. and 6.1.3.

Many thanks in advance for your help. And I'm sorry for asking, but I've already spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to go about this, to no avail.

Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I'm afraid you can't - unless you also have SHSH blobs for iOS 4 (any version). without blobs for BOTH iOS 4 and iOS 5, there is no way to downgrade an iPad2 from iOS 6.1.3. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
K

kieslowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:( :( Thank you, Marilyn.

Any word on when a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 is coming out?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:( :( Thank you, Marilyn.

Any word on when a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 is coming out?

Never, I'm afraid. The members of the jail breaking community (evasi0n) have said they have no intention of "burning" any more exploits on iOS 6. They are waiting to see what can be done when iOS 7 is released.

So, unfortunately, you'll have to wait and see what iOS 7 brings. Sorry.

Marilyn

eddyboyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I'm afraid you can't - unless you also have SHSH blobs for iOS 4 (any version). without blobs for BOTH iOS 4 and iOS 5, there is no way to downgrade an iPad2 from iOS 6.1.3. Sorry.

Marilyn

hi Chief ar u telling unless you also have SHSH blobs for iOS 4 (any version). without blobs for BOTH iOS 4 and iOS 5, there is way to downgrade an iPad2 from iOS 6.1.3. ??? can u tell me how, i hv SHSH 4.3.5 n 5.1.1. 6.1.2

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi Chief ar u telling unless you also have SHSH blobs for iOS 4 (any version). without blobs for BOTH iOS 4 and iOS 5, there is way to downgrade an iPad2 from iOS 6.1.3. ??? can u tell me how, i hv SHSH 4.3.5 n 5.1.1. 6.1.2

Yep, you gotta have SHSH blobs for both those iOS versions to downgrade.

Here is a tutorial to aid you in downgrading an iPad2 back to iOS 5.1.1: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=92572

Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts