What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6 Cant connect to network

Jaeme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I just installed iOS 6 on my iPad 2 and now I cant connect to my wireless network. It tries but then it fails. I've restarted and reset the ipad, still nothing. I even clicked the "forget this network" and gone through the network settings again and still wont connect. Anyone else have this problem? and knows how to solve it?

thanks

Jaeme

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the same problem, installed easy, but can't connect to network on my wife's or my iPad2's???????

Marhz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here.
A new screen pops out where you are transfered to the apple site "hmm, the page you are looking for... bla bla"

bvread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here. Installed IOS 6 today on my iPad 2, and now it won't connect to network. My IMAC is working fine from the same modem. I've done everything I've ever heard of. Anyone solved this yet? Many thanks for any help.

dickstag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jaeme said:
Hi,

I just installed iOS 6 on my iPad 2 and now I cant connect to my wireless network. It tries but then it fails. I've restarted and reset the ipad, still nothing. I even clicked the "forget this network" and gone through the network settings again and still wont connect. Anyone else have this problem? and knows how to solve it?

thanks

Jaeme

Suddenly my WiFi connection started working. I did nothing to resolve it. I am no longer brought to the hmmm... Page

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Obviously it takes awhile for it to find the network. Like everyone else, it just started working.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the same issue, forgot the network, and all worked. Don't know if it was just timing or the "forget network" helped.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tj1961

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Reset everything, etc, I think it is working again, but a little worried!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jaeme said:
Hi,

thanks

Jaeme

Try resetting the network settings. I had this problem with my iPhone and it works fine now.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

darnice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here,but it may have been something on apple's end. Seems that it won't complete the network connect until it contacts apple for some reason. That's was the stupid page not found message. Once the apple service was back, the connection the Internet would complete.

Seems like a "call home " before it allows wifi to complete connecting. Probably sending all kinds of info to apple on where you are and such.

It found the wifi, even gets its dhcp reservation, but seems until it calls home and gets a reply it won't turn on the wifi all the way.

Easy way to test, disconnect your Internet connection and see what happens. If this is the case, it would be bad if you wanted to just connect to your local wifi,as it would not work.

Mimshacktee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darnice said:
Same here,but it may have been something on apple's end. Seems that it won't complete the network connect until it contacts apple for some reason. That's was the stupid page not found message. Once the apple service was back, the connection the Internet would complete.

Seems like a "call home " before it allows wifi to complete connecting. Probably sending all kinds of info to apple on where you are and such.

I guess you are right. I actually did a restore thinking there was a problem with my update. I reset my router...just glad that its resolved now.

Anybody notice that the AppStore seems to load slower???

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anything connecting to Apple servers are probably going to be slower than normal due to the high volume of traffic.

Most reactions

Latest posts