What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Sync broken after IOS 6 ipad2

Boet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
upgrading to IOS6 while connected to my Win7 laptop using the latest version of iTunes went smooth. However today I noticed I cannot Sync wirelessly - as I could just an hour before the upgrade. In addition, when connecting with USB cable to laptop iTunes does not open automatically as it did before either. I have both checked within iTunes - open iTunes when iPad connects to this ... and sync this iPad when connected wirelessly (not exact words but I'm not currently at laptop to verify the words)

I have reset my router, reset network settings on iPad and rejoined iPad to my wireless (wireless works anyway). Uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled.
Has anyone else had this issue?

H

H

HannuE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have a problem with WiFi. The whole connection does not work. Likewise with AppStore.
In addition after upgrading my GSM connection did not work at all. That was resolved by adding the network connection address, which was removed by the new iOS6.
What should I do with WiFi connection?

OP
B

Boet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if it just decided to work this morning or if following steps outlined by Indiana within the WiFi Sync thread on page one got it to work but I did the following:

Turned off my wireless on iPad
Attached to my win7 laptop with USB cable
Opened iTunes
When my iPad showed up within iTunes I confirmed "sync with wifi" was checked
Unplugged USB cable and turned on wifi in settings.
After about one minute my iPad showed up in iTunes

I was finally able to sync wirelessly.

Hannue, maybe turning off power to your wireless router and turning it back on might work to connect wireless again? While troubleshooting initially, even though my wireless worked, I did this and then went into settings on iPad - general- reset-network settings. After this I had to re-enter my pass phase I had set on my router for security and I was back to connecting wirelessly.

Good luck and hope you can resolve it as I did.

HannuE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you

I did several attemps with similar routines yesterday. Suddenly my WiFi started to work.Thank you anyway for your detailed advice!

runnfun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fixed the issue simply by turning on the airplane mode and then turning it off (which turned the wiFi off and on).

Most reactions

Latest posts