What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios 5 notification bar on iPad 2

vampygirl83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the notification bar seem completely useless on the iPad 2? Even with twitter integration and notifications turned on, new tweets aren't showing up...nor are new emails! Anyone else having the same issues and/or thoughts?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Works fine for me, have you checked the notifications settings for all your apps. I think email isn't enabled by default.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I second DefBref, go to the Notifications in the settings and make sure the apps are turned on to receive the type of notifications you want. Some stupid things are by default enabled while other major apps, like mail, are disabled.

OP
V

vampygirl83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have everything enabled in notifications menu in the settings...wtf is there anything else I have to enable aside from putting it in the correct area in notifications?

OP
V

vampygirl83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh...and how do I get it to show up on my lock screen as well?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Appear on lockscreen is also part of the notifications settings for each app.

What exactly isn't working and what is it you expect to happen, just wonder if your maybe expecting more than the feature provides.

OP
V

vampygirl83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just expecting a notification to pop up if I get a new email and/or tweet...from lock screen and up top if I'm in another app...so I can just click or drag down and go right to it

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Double check under your Notifications area in the Settings app. Not only do you have to activate notifications for every app (some of which are defaulted to be off), but you can also have the app have no notification, a banner notification or the "old" pop up notification. So, if you've got it set to show no notification in the area for notification style, you won't see a notification, even though you've turned it on.

Huh. That sentence made a lot more sense in my head. But, my point is, notifications is a little more complicated to get it set up correctly. There's more options.

So, all I can say is to check again ... cause I've got no other advice. Sorry.

Marilyn

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Tweets will also just notify you of DM's and mentions, not everytime somebody your following posts a tweet. Thank God or I'd never have the twitter notification of the top of my screen.:)

OP
V

vampygirl83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mail is now working, but twitter dm aren't popping it up...*sigh* if it's not one thing it's another

nyc2sd30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found that after IOS5 I had to re-log into most of my apps. That could be part of it

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts