What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Weather status showning in the notification bar

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have updated my Win 7 PC to iTunes 10.5 and my iPad2 to IOS 5.

On the Pad I have been using AccuWeather & Weather+. Neither showing in the Notification bar.
Also, neither showing up in Settings/ Notifications - on the Pad.

Yesterday went to the App store and installed TWC MAX + .
Now when I go to my iPad and then Settings/ Notifications, the TWC MAX+ is listed- but still not showing on the Notification Bar.

Why & What is missing ?

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sethm1 said:
Have updated my Win 7 PC to iTunes 10.5 and my iPad2 to IOS 5.

On the Pad I have been using AccuWeather & Weather+. Neither showing in the Notification bar.
Also, neither showing up in Settings/ Notifications - on the Pad.

Yesterday went to the App store and installed TWC MAX + .
Now when I go to my iPad and then Settings/ Notifications, the TWC MAX+ is listed- but still not showing on the Notification Bar.

Why & What is missing ?

I'm no expert and could be very wrong, but maybe this apps haven't been updated to work yet properly with ios5

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, we don't have inbuilt weather on the iPad I'm afraid. That's a phone feature, although I can't for the life of me work out why... Just adding weather apps doesn't cut it. The notification widget you see on the phones is linked to the stock weather app.

As regards other stuff it should work. You do need to set the options correctly though.

Go to Settings > Notifications > and select the App in question.

Make sure "Notification Centre" is ON.

Then you may want it set to "Banners", and optionally "View in Lock Screen" (my favourites anyway!)

Finally, once these are set, you wont actually see anything UNTIL you get an app notification.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It may come, it should come, when the weather app developers figure things out and do some updates, but it probably won't be a widget, just a text notification of the current weather.

In the mean time the only thing likely to show up in the notification center are those notifications currently supported in the various weather apps, like sever weather alerts and such.

Most reactions

Latest posts