What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 5.1 Update HOLLA!!!!!

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Not a lot, but a couple of things people have been wanting, like the ability to delete photos from Photo Stream, and better podcast playback controls.

iOS 5.1 Software Update

Oh yeah. I did see that and you can now download up to 50MG at a time.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.1Update From NYC!!! using iPF

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's new with 5.1? I don't want to lose my jailbreak on my iPad 2 for nothing lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Chapslick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My update was a little slow at first but it sped up after a little bit. What does this update include exactly?

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No problems for my update this morning. Only took about 10 minutes with my broadband connection.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
markbnh1 said:
No problems for my update this morning. Only took about 10 minutes with my broadband connection.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Wow!!! Mine took a really long time to complete. It made me get on the computer. I think because I also needed to update iTunes as well.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

thewaffle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took about 25 minutes for me. Sigh... still can't delete photos! What gives, it's such a simple function. I could do it on my original Droid X, why not on an advance piece of technology like this?

wayneh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did both our iPad's, about 15 minutes start to finish each. I don't really see any glaring differences. Sure would like the hotspot feature, anyone know if that's in the upgrade?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Snipped from link, which someone has already posted:

About iOS 5.1 Software Update
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
Redesigned Camera app for iPad
Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
Updated AT&T network indicator
Addresses bugs affecting battery life
Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:*Apple security updates

For more information on: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, please visit this website: *iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took 15 mins for my iPad 2, including download, install and restart. I started my iPad 1, went to sleep and woke to find it done as well. No hiccups on either. So far, the improvement I like best is deleting photos from photo stream.

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the process of updating my husbands iPhone 4. Gonna wait on the iPad....don't want to lose my jailbreak:)

I'm like you Happy Pelican, I don't want to lose my jailbreak so I'll wait on updating my iPad 1. Besides, my iPad 3 will be here on the 16th and I will be able to see what the updates are.

hilsroo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just updated mine. I'm in the UK on a sometimes-not-that-reliable Wi-Fi....46 mins start to finish. Now to have a play and see if it was worth the effort...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It really sounds like the update went well for everybody. Glad to hear that. I just recall how long the iOS 5 update took, but realize that it was very large update at the time. Good to hear that this wasn't that it went well. Thanks! :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did mine whilst sitting in the car this morning using my "3" myfi. It took about 10mins all in.........as smooth as could be.

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did mine whilst sitting in the car this morning using my "3" myfi. It took about 10mins all in.........as smooth as could be.

The Archangel

No way-10 minutes, GAb! That's some fast Myfi service! I haven't done mine yet, I probably wil do it soon-maybe tonight or tomorrow! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts