ios 4.2

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by jalapatirao, Dec 3, 2010.

1. jalapatirao

jalapatirao iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    when I tried to upgrade ios 3.2.2 to ios4.2, my ipad is stuck and not working.while syncing the upgraded version i.e.ios4.2 . kindly help me in the matter

jalapatirao:)
  2. Dannyboy85

Dannyboy85 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Try a soft reset first (hold home and power until it restarts).
  3. jalapatirao

jalapatirao iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am using ipad 16GB wifi since last 5 months. when i tried to upgrade the operating system from ios 3.2.2 to 4.2, it is stuck.there was a noting on the screen of my laptop saying 'there is opme problem in the itunes'. though I hold pwer and home for some time it is not starting.kindly any one advise me the further course of action.

jalapatirao
  4. Blackbelt

Blackbelt iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    It appears that most of these errors are slow connection related or perhaps you may want to consult with Apple on this issue.
  5. vensmith

vensmith iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Free iOS Software Update 4.2 brings all new features to your iPhone, iPhone, iPod and touch.Just connect your device to your computer to download the 4.2 update.iOS the first time that all mobile devices from Apple are sitting OS at the same table.
  6. iwhat

iwhat iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Oh I know(I think)

[P.S: I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY WHAT SO EVER HAPPENS TO YOUR iDEVICE FOLLOWING THESE STEP. I ONLY PROVIDE THEM BECAUSE THEY WORKED FOR ME AND A FEW OTHER PEOPLE :)]
    The problem is with the old USB ports,that happened to me a lot. What happened is the iPad wasn't updated at all,it was left in Recovery mode. What you have to do is,google for the tinyumbrella or iReb. Then connect your ipad to your PC/Mac,when itunes pops up saying it is here to rescue the damsel in distress,just ditch it and run tinyumbrella or iReb,and click the button that says "kick the iDevice out of recovery" or similar to get your iDevice out of recovery mode.

I hope that helps.