What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios 4.2

jalapatirao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when I tried to upgrade ios 3.2.2 to ios4.2, my ipad is stuck and not working.while syncing the upgraded version i.e.ios4.2 . kindly help me in the matter

jalapatirao:)

OP
J

jalapatirao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using ipad 16GB wifi since last 5 months. when i tried to upgrade the operating system from ios 3.2.2 to 4.2, it is stuck.there was a noting on the screen of my laptop saying 'there is opme problem in the itunes'. though I hold pwer and home for some time it is not starting.kindly any one advise me the further course of action.

jalapatirao

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears that most of these errors are slow connection related or perhaps you may want to consult with Apple on this issue.

vensmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Free iOS Software Update 4.2 brings all new features to your iPhone, iPhone, iPod and touch.Just connect your device to your computer to download the 4.2 update.iOS the first time that all mobile devices from Apple are sitting OS at the same table.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I know(I think)

[P.S: I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY WHAT SO EVER HAPPENS TO YOUR iDEVICE FOLLOWING THESE STEP. I ONLY PROVIDE THEM BECAUSE THEY WORKED FOR ME AND A FEW OTHER PEOPLE :)]
The problem is with the old USB ports,that happened to me a lot. What happened is the iPad wasn't updated at all,it was left in Recovery mode. What you have to do is,google for the tinyumbrella or iReb. Then connect your ipad to your PC/Mac,when itunes pops up saying it is here to rescue the damsel in distress,just ditch it and run tinyumbrella or iReb,and click the button that says "kick the iDevice out of recovery" or similar to get your iDevice out of recovery mode.

I hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts