What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction - pad2foruM

pad2foruM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I got two answers already from the forum for using my new iPad2 - thanks. 3rd question - how do I delete "purchased" apps from the list which shows in iTunes "purchased apps" on my laptop when I connect the iPad2? There are two free apps I did use, and have already deleted from iPad2, but I want to also delete them from the "purchased apps" list in iTunes. I unchecked them so they won't sync, but I would like to delete them totally.

/s/ pad2foruM

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can delete the apps from your iPhone and iPad but they will remain on your list of purchased apps and cannot be deleted from there because they were purchased - even if they were free. That 'purchased' list is a view of the record that Apple keeps on its transactions with the user and that needs to be kept for financial and legal reasons. As a result, you could not be allowed to delete records from that list.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think he means the list on the sync settings page for apps, Tim.

As far as I can tell there is no purchased list for apps. Only books, movies, and music show up on the Purchased lists, even the one shown on the under the iPad. (Just noticed that that list gets transferred to the iTunes library and removed from iPad after a sync.)

To permanently remove an app from iTunes on the computer, go to the Apps library list. This should be towards the top of the list, under the Library header. If you can not see it then open Preferences in iTunes, and in the General tab check Apps in the Show section.

Now just find your app and either drag it to the trash, or right click and choose delete.

Did you ask this question somewhere else on the forum? It's the second time today I've answered it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It does, but he said it was showing in iTunes on his laptop when he connected his iPad. That doesn't sound like logging into your account and viewing purchase history to me.

I could be wrong though. Guess we'll have to wait and see what he says.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No - I think you're right (as usual) - I should read the original post more carefully!!

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, it is early morning over there, or was. :)

I'm usually carful not to start reading the new forum posts until I've been awake for at least three hours. I've still been caugth not reading closely enough now and then.

OP
P

pad2foruM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! ! ! I found that apps list under my iTunes library, and was able to delete the unwanted apps. I appreciate your help!

Most reactions

Latest posts