What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet Service Type??

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What type of internet service are you feeding your wireless router with??

Cable
FIOS
DSL
Something else

Thanks, Ken

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comcast. Just did a speed test: 16.7 Mbps

At my apartment I had speeds around 28 Mbps which was nice.

rspafford

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rspafford

Comcast cable, but my iPad is almost always running 3G.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DSL here... (I live in the Boonies and it's my only high speed option) I'm served by a Canadian carrier called MTS Allstream. I get 800 Kb/s, so it's not all that bad.

I have to travel 20 miles to get to the nearest 3G coverage area.. I only get Edge where I live, so WiFi wins out :)

nursedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DSL...I pretty much hate the local cable co and Ma Bell so my options are DSL or dial-up. I'm pretty close to the central office though so my speeds are good.

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comcast cable. It took 3 repairman 3 visits to get it to work in cold weather, but has been good service since.

bailegb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where I am in Texas, I can't get cable or DSL, so I am limited to satellite. It is slow and the bandwidth used is closely monitored but the only other option is dial-up. My iPad is 3G and that works pretty well around the ranch. You cable guys seem to have the best option.

Most reactions

Latest posts