Internet goes in and out.

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by salty dog, May 4, 2016.

1. salty dog

salty dog
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    First off, my wife and I both have mini ipads and both have iphones. On my mini ipad I keep losing the internet since yesterday. All the while both phones and her ipad maintain there internet and also my computer maintains its. When I lose it all it says in the upper left corner is Ipad, no wifi icon and not even LTE. Hope someone has an answer for this, Please...

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello - first, I would suggest that you go into Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Network Selected Info - there 'Forget This Network' and then setup the wireless on you iPad w/ the same network.

If not effective, 'Reset' your device and 'Power Recycle' your modem & router (may be the same unit?), i.e. turn off the power and/or pull the plug (s), wait about a minute, then power up the modem first, followed by the router - sometimes the DHCP IP assignments need to be reset - let us know if any of these maneuvers help. Dave :)

3. salty dog

salty dog
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    All is good, don't know what happened except that the internet had gone down while I had been running on it so maybe that caused it. Thanks