What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instructions for upgrading to 4.3?

mamiamjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there intructions somewhere telling how to go about upgrading my software version?

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable.
It should open up iTunes program on your computer automatically. (provided you have iTunes on your computer.)
Look for your device in that program, it should appear somewhere on the left side.
Click on it and you will see a 'check for updates' button in the middle of your screen, hit it and you're done :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has the new update or fix I guess been released for 4.3? I have been holding off till they fixed the security issues.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not sure, I just want to make sure before I go ahead and give up my JB lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The security issue was already in 4.2.1, which is what was hacked at the pawn to own event. While it was not fixed in 4.3 the addition of another layer in 4.3 (I forgot the name, AXXX something or other) makes it harder, not easier, to hack the iPad on 4.3. This according to the guy who won the iPad.

There were several badly written articles that gave the opposite impression. Mostly articles quoting badly written articles which were quoting confusing but accurate articles.

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
The security issue was already in 4.2.1, which is what was hacked at the pawn to own event. While it was not fixed in 4.3 the addition of another layer in 4.3 (I forgot the name, AXXX something or other) makes it harder, not easier, to hack the iPad on 4.3. This according to the guy who won the iPad.

There were several badly written articles that gave the opposite impression. Mostly articles quoting badly written articles which were quoting confusing but accurate articles.

Rather confusing to comprehend :/

Sent from my iPad using iPF

JWBF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe off topic but in 4.3 we have encountered "A Data Connection Is Not Currently Allowed" in sasfri on a 3G iPad. Couldn't see anything in this forum on it, rest of the web gave stuff like taking the sim out. The only semi fix I have found is to manually select the network every time the iPad loses connection. Doesn't seem to be a carrier issue as we have two in the house and I have not upgraded the other and it works fine.

Thanks for the heads up on the hack risk, would be keen to upgrade the other iPad if anyone can please direct me to a fix.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
right now I am fighting with itunes to install the latest version, I will try to upgrade tomorrow, if I keep trying tonight I will throw my laptop out the window lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Maybe off topic but in 4.3 we have encountered "A Data Connection Is Not Currently Allowed" in sasfri on a 3G iPad. Couldn't see anything in this forum on it, rest of the web gave stuff like taking the sim out. The only semi fix I have found is to manually select the network every time the iPad loses connection. Doesn't seem to be a carrier issue as we have two in the house and I have not upgraded the other and it works fine.

Thanks for the heads up on the hack risk, would be keen to upgrade the other iPad if anyone can please direct me to a fix.

There isn't any real one fix for router problems. Here are some things you can try that might help.

Restart the router. Sometimes it will get bad with certain MAC addresses. This can be device specific.

Go into your WiFi settings on the iPad, open the problem network, and tell it to forget the network. Then add it again. This is a more complete way of reseting your connection that renewing the DHCP lease.

These may work best in combination. Forget the network, restart the router, re-add the network.

And of course, it's never a bad idea to start your troubleshooting by rebooting the iPad.

Restart and Soft Reset
iPad: Turning on/off and resetting

None of this may help. These problems are some of the hardest to track down, and many people simply give up and buy a new router. That often fixes the problem, but not always.

Most reactions

Latest posts