1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Installation issue with iTunes on Win XP3

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by jpp, Jun 8, 2011.

1. jpp

jpp iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have successfully installed iTunes Vs 10.x on my PC and have ripped CDs using my PC's CD drive.

However, I still get the message below whenever I start iTunes. I looked on this Forum and Googled for it, but so far haven't been able to find a reference to it.

Some people have had issues with their CD drive disappearing altogether when accessing it from Windows, but that's not my problem. Everything seems to work OK - just curious why I get this message and it'd be nice to get rid of it.

Needless to say, I have tried to follow the instructions shown in the error message, re-installed iTunes twice, and have not been bale to find any other software on my computer that could be hogging the CD/DVD drive.

Best answer so far from the web is here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Edit: I followed the instructions given in the link above wrt adding the driver entry (I did not have an Upper or Lower Filter entry). Direct link here: Did not even have to reboot - message is now gone. Will test out burning operation now to be sure.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011