What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes library questions...

Motorbones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a lot of things I like about my iPad, except being a long time PC user, I'm not quite used to the perceived limitations I'm experiencing. When I first setup iTunes on my PC, it copied all the CDs I had on my hard drive into the library. It did a really crappy job doing it. So this is what happened:

1. It copied some of the CDs doubling up on the songs copied on about 2/3rds of the albums. This leaves me doing about 500 or so withmanually deleting the second copies of each song. It did it in the fashion of two 1s, 2 2s, 2 3's, 2 4's etc. I didn't have any of this happen when I loaded them into my Droid.

2. It didn't import the pics of the album covers for any of the CDs.

3. Some CDs ere fragmented, identifying each song as a seperate album.

Questions:

Is there an easy way to completely clear out the library and start over? Is there a way to import the album cover with each CD (I'm willing to recopy the CDs if needed). I really don't want to pay for music I already have just to get a cover pic. If iTunes by itself doesn't do this, is there an app I can load into my PC to do it for me. Any help would be appreciated. The bottom line is I'd like to get the CDs onto my iPad along with the album covers. Thanks,

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, I was just about to say because, guess what, I did the same thing! Welcome by the way!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Most reactions

Latest posts