What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

improve predictive text?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
android seems to beat iOS in this, tho I’m hoping there’s something I don’t know (there are so many things I don’t know!)

sometimes iOS seems downright lousy at word completion/predictive text offerings. I frequently get, “Im” when I merely type, “I”

on android, if I type “bexcellent,” I’ll be offered, “excellent.” iOS will simply show “bexcellent” like it can’t figure out any other conceivable possibility. as you can see, this increases the going back, manually correcting and defeats one of the purposes of having a modern, robust OS.

any way to smarten up iOS’s word sense...a little computeristic ginko biloba out there?

thank you!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Enable Auto Correction, in case you haven’t yet. That’s in your Settings app, in General - Keyboard.

Predictive learns from your conversations/writing style, so it will improve with time, when you keep using it.

Most reactions

Latest posts