Import from sd card..video not in DCIM folder.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Peteguam, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Peteguam

Peteguam iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, Brand new at this forum. I am very seriously considering getting a new Ipad for travel purposes. This would be the only "computer" I'll bring along. I also take a lot of video and my Sony RX-100 camera stores these videos in a separate folder in the root system and not in the DCIM folder. There is no way I can direct the camera software to save the videos in the DCIM folder.

Using just the Ipad I would need to "see" the sd card when plugged in to the CCK and then be able to move the videos into either the DCIM folder, or directly to a specific location in the Ipad that I could play them. I don't even need to store them, just play them back for reviewing purposes, etc.

I am assuming that I have to jailbreak the Ipad. So, after a long explanation can this be done and if so, how would I do it? What app can do this?

I hope this is making sense. Any assistance or advise would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Heatheroe

Heatheroe iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am also interested in getting some info on this but I have a slightly different dilema. We have the sd card reader attachment kit for the iPad. When on vacation we like to watch them, etc, especially if there's not a good tv around. We are forced to import the files before we can view them, even using the card reader. Is there an app that will let us view the video and pictures directly from the card without having to import the files and take up space on the iPad? Sorry to highjack your thread Peteguam but I just joined the forum specifically to ask this question and saw your post. Our two problems might have the same solution :eek: