What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing .AVI videos on my iPad /iphone

cyclewalkbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a couple of sports cameras ( go-pro) types on my bike which I would like to view on my iPad/iPhone when away from my house or holiday with no access to my IMac.

The expensive one has wifi so I can import directly to the cameras app on the iPad. However the cheaper ( smaller) one facing backwards only records to an SD card.

I understand I could buy an apple SD card reader and then import video to photos then move them to an app that reads .AVI video.

However as I understand it there needs to be a specific folder ( I think it's DCIM) on the SD card that the reader picks up and transferred the intent to photos.

The smaller camera does not record it's videos into this DCIM folder and without the IMac to create this folder and then move the videos I am stuck.

Had anyone got managed to get around this problem?

Cheers

Bob

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had a similar problem transferring files to my iPad, and I now use a Transcend RDA2 card reader designed for iOS, which you can get from Amazon, and it uses a free app to read the SD or micro SD card files and allows you to transfer to and from the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts