1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Camera kit, sd card, mp4s?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Sonicrobby, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Sooooo, my time capsule-iPad connection idea hasn't worked... So I'm looking for an alternative to watch my movies on the iPad. I have the cam connection kit, sd cards, and tons of movies in mp4 format, but so far no luck. I've given the videos a name of 8 characters and placing them within a "DCIM" folder as google advises, but still nothing. I know that since iOS 4.2, the have been problems with non-camera videos and pics loading up, but I figure I'd ask the community and see if anyone has found something that works.

So has anyone found a way to play mp4 files from an sd card on an iPad? (I have an iPad 3, ios6 - no jailbreak)
  2. Redneck_Randy

Redneck_Randy iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    When you say 8 characters, are they like this 100_0001.jpg and 100_0002.jpg and so on ? If not the ipad won't see them inside the DCIM directory.
  3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0