What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMovie help please

NeedSnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am thrilled with how well the ap works. I made 4 movies, 6 minutes long and all of the sudden, my iMovies was taking up 12GB of storage - yikes!

I exported the project to my photos. Perfect.

I saved it to iTunes. Where is it?

I then deleted the projects. I was sure to just delete it on the iPad, I thought. When I went to see how much space the program was taking, it still said 9GB. So, I called support. They had me delete the program and reinstall it.

Now it takes up 400mb, but there is nothing to download from iTunes, so the projects have vanished.

I need workflow advice, please....and any insights into how the program stores data. Thanks in advance.

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saved it to iTunes. Where is it?

I then deleted the projects. I was sure to just delete it on the iPad, I thought. When I went to see how much space the program was taking, it still said 9GB. So, I called support. They had me delete the program and reinstall it.

Now it takes up 400mb, but there is nothing to download from iTunes, so the projects have vanished.

In iMovie (as in all, similar, Apple apps), "Send Projects to iTunes" means the project will be listed in the Apps tab and must be MANUALLY copied from there. This is why it's not restored - iTunes does NOT back these up, you would have needed to do it manually. Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts