What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMessages not syncing between iPhone and iPad 1

pegpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - my understanding of iMessages is that the same message streams received on my iPhone should show up on my iPad too, and they are not. I have "on" for syncing selected on my iPad. Appreciate suggestions - thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Only works if the caller can be accesses with the same ID on both devices. If someone sends you a iMessage to your phone's number, it will not show up on the iPad. If they use your email address, and both devices are set up to receive using your email address, it should work.

Hold in mind the iPad will not work with SMS, period. So if you get a SMS message on your iPhone, do not expect them to show up on the iPad. Only messages between iOS devices will work on the iPad.

I have a lot of trouble testing this, since I only have myself to send messages to and from. That really confuses things. I get everything on both devices but sometimes I end up splitting the conversation into two streams.

Most reactions

Latest posts