What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 WiFi won't sign in to iMessage

nightwalker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like the tittle says, I have a iPad 2 WiFi and it does not want to sign in to iMessage. It starts to sign in proces and after some time I get a pop up message to check my internet connection. I also have a iPhone 4 and iMessage works fine on it. Have I missed something and iMessage doesnt work on iPad 2 WiFi model?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had the same problem on my iphone. Back up then do a reset all settings (settings, general, reset, reset all settings). It's been working fine ever since.

OP
nightwalker

nightwalker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Idea of trying to restore poped to my mind today and I think I will do that tomorrow. Thank you for your reply. ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sgds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had same problem with my iPad and my I phone on my home wifi network.
On my iPhone I turned off wifi and singed in on my 3G network. I then turned on personal hotspot on my iPhone and connected to that wifi network with my iPad. I could then sign on to iMessage. Went back to home network after that and everything worked fine.. Try it , it might work

Rude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys sorry to bring up an old thread but it address the exact same problem i am having at the moment. I currently have the new ipad and i go to sign into imessage and facetime with my apple ID but i keep getting the "check my internet connection." I tried going onto another wifi network and still the same error occurs.

I did the "reset all settings (settings, general, reset, reset all settings)" and that hasnt changed a thing i still have the same problem.

Anyone know how to fix this? The ipad is wifi and 4g model but i dont have a simcard for it yet to try it on that.

Thanks

antxc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue as above. New iPad 32Gb wifi 4g model. Messages and facetime won't activate, they jus tell me to check my Internet connection, which is working fine. I have will have a microsim tomorrow but until then I am unable to test it with anything else but my home Internet connection. Could the issue be port forwarding or something along those lines?

digitalRitual

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same Problem here. iPad2, iOS 5.1, 16GB Wi-Fi only device. Every other app that requires me to log in with Apple ID works just fine, but FaceTime and iMessage just keeps going right back to the login screen, as if there were a log-in error (but there is no message saying there is, and I've even changed my Apple ID p-word just to be safe). Unlike other posters though, I am not getting the internet connection error message.

I too have tried resetting to defaults. I don't want to have to do a complete restore if I don't have to, so was hoping for some new ideas here. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thx

Most reactions

Latest posts