What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone is 5.1.1

iPad 6.0.1

Ok, so you must not have an iPhone 3G, but the iPhone 3GS which does include ios 5.O.

if you have verified the following:
-that your apple ID is logged into your account on both idevices...
-that your iPhone is running ios 5.0
-that your iMessage setting is turned on and associate with your apple ID on both devices...

The only thing I would try is a reset to your iPhone and/or to your iPad.

Do this on your iPhone first and than see if it allows you to check it. To do a reset: press the power swtich and the home button until you see the apple logo than release. The iPhone will turn off. Than turn back on and recheck.

OP
S

susanm312

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked my apple ID and the only number listed is my number.

OP
S

susanm312

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I meant I checked my personal information under my apple ID at apple. It has my number not my sons.

On my phone it is not checked.

OP
S

susanm312

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I reset. Did nothing. I change the apple ID on my sons phone to his own ID. This took his number off my iPad but now how do I get my iPhone txt to also go to my iPad? My number doesn't appear.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I reset. Did nothing. I change the apple ID on my sons phone to his own ID. This took his number off my iPad but now how do I get my iPhone txt to also go to my iPad? My number doesn't appear.

Ok...I am not following this.

If your iPad does not have your own apple ID, your phone number will not work. So you need to log off and sign back in with your apple ID and your password.

Did you do this?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To sign out and sign back in...to to general>iMessage>tap onto the apple ID...

image-2381638873.jpg

image-694338223.jpg

OP
S

susanm312

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't change my apple ID. I'll. try to explain better. 6 ( in my family) we all have iPhones. Have always used one apple ID to sign into iTunes and down load songs. Now we all just got 6 iPads for Christmas. When I order them they asked me if I had an apple ID. I said yes and gave them the info. It was already entered on all the iPads. The info entered on my apple ID is all mine. But for some strange reason my sons iPhone number has appeared on all 6 iPads iMessage. We never put it in. I took all iPads and set up new apple IDs. Now his iPhone number is only on his iPad. My question is why doesn't my number appear on my iPad? I want my iMessages to appear on both my iPhone and my iPad.
iMessages on both devices are on
iPhone shows email and phone number but number is grey. Neither is checked. And email can not be removed.
iPad email only shows. It's checked but grey and can not be changed.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't change my apple ID. I'll. try to explain better. 6 ( in my family) we all have iPhones. Have always used one apple ID to sign into iTunes and down load songs. Now we all just got 6 iPads for Christmas. When I order them they asked me if I had an apple ID. I said yes and gave them the info. It was already entered on all the iPads. The info entered on my apple ID is all mine. But for some strange reason my sons iPhone number has appeared on all 6 iPads iMessage. We never put it in. I took all iPads and set up new apple IDs. Now his iPhone number is only on his iPad. My question is why doesn't my number appear on my iPad? I want my iMessages to appear on both my iPhone and my iPad.
iMessages on both devices are on
iPhone shows email and phone number but number is grey. Neither is checked. And email can not be removed.
iPad email only shows. It's checked but grey and can not be changed.

Susan--have you been able to resolve your iMessage issue?

Most reactions

Latest posts