What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you eat that?
I am not sure, this is the first time I've seen this. Going to the library today to see what I can find, may have to go back and get some if I find any interesting ideas. I know I can just look it up online, but still love the library experience, makes it more of an adventure :)
My mother used to make soup and cook it with soup green.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure, this is the first time I've seen this. Going to the library today to see what I can find, may have to go back and get some if I find any interesting ideas.

I know I can just look it up online, but still love the library experience, makes it more of an adventure :)

Well let us know what you find, because now I am curious!! :)

By the way, I still like going to the Library too. Our library is has a beautiful garden and river in the back where you can sit and read in the summer. It's very peaceful there. :)

My mother used to make soup and cook it with soup green.

Oh there you go...I bet that soup was delicious with that Celery root. Just wondering how to prepare it before cooking? It looks quite tough on the outside

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well let us know what you find, because now I am curious!! :) By the way, I still like going to the Library too. Our library is has a beautiful garden and river in the back where you can sit and read in the summer. It's very peaceful there. :) Oh there you go...I bet that soup was delicious with that Celery root. Just wondering how to prepare it before cooking? It looks quite tough on the outside
I'm not sure. I guess she peeled it and cut it to pieces to boil them with the soup.
The only ones that really enjoyed the taste of celery roots were my mother and my maternal grandmother. No one else liked celery, and I never had to cook it, so I don't know how to prepare it. Sorry!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I guess she peeled it and cut it to pieces to boil them with the soup.
The only ones that really enjoyed the taste of celery roots were my mother and my maternal grandmother. No one else liked celery, and I never had to cook it, so I don't know how to prepare it. Sorry!

My husband and I love celery and add it to almost everything, including soups. I bet the celery root has a very intense flavor that would be quite good for those who do like the taste of it. Interesting, I have not seen this at our local produce market. However, next time I go I'll make it a point to ask. Thanks, JA!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Still managing to entertain myself with the DrawQuest app. ✏️

image-605385724.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
These pictures were taken one or two hours ago.
The other side of Lake Neusiedl; the villages are in Hungary; it wasn't yet dark when I took them:

image-1958316813.jpg

image-2944124457.jpg

Here are pictures taken when it was already dark:

image-1136425291.jpg

Same village as the second picture. The clouds are reflecting the lights of Sopron (Ödenburg), which is not visible from here.

image-3115121198.jpg

Also in Hungary.
The Austrian side:

image-2265479957.jpg

Mörbisch. There was a car driving, it seems.
And Rust:

image-2309687291.jpg

The pictures are not enhanced, but cropped.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice photos Johanna....... I especially like the night ones......they look like pieces of art! ;)
Thank you!
If they look like pieces of art, the artist was my camera. ;-)
Nice photos Johanna! Hats off to you for venturing out at all hours to capture such interesting pictures. You have a great camera, it even picks out rusty cars;) Oh wait, that's a town, sorry:) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust,_Burgenland Andrew From Oz using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you, Andrew!
Your comment made me smile. That's a great way to start my day. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No sooner do I start to get the hang of DrawQuest than they announce they are shutting down. Oh well, they did remind me how much I enjoy my doodle/drawing. Here's my farewell drawing for the app.

HastaLaVistaDrawQuest.jpg

I should point out I haven't been doing this from scratch. I search the web for something I like and imitate it to whatever degree my skills allow.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just when we were getting to really enjoy your artistic endeavours:) Are there no other similar apps you can use? I guess you would have looked into that.
Andrew

From Oz using Tapatalk Pro

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are lots of drawing apps, and I have several. I don't know of any others that give you daily challenges; but I might not need that anymore. I've got a plan, or at least the intention, to scribble a bit at least four times a week. I did a really bad Yosemite Sam in Art Rage yesterday.

Most reactions

Latest posts