What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm a Twitter twit!

Hitchemup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've been trying to change the email address associated with my twitter account using my ipad to access. I've looked in my profile settings and it seems everything but my email address is there. Am I overlooking something that's really obvious?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you go to twitter.com in Safari on the iPad it redirects you to the mobile (tablet) version of the site. This site does not give you access to your settings, which is where your email address can be changed.

Unlike some mobile sites, Twitter does not seem to offer a link back to the desktop version.

But all is not lost. You can get a third party browser like Atomic or iCab Mobile. These browsers can be set to 'lie' and identify themselves as a desktop browser. If you do that you can go to the desktop version of the Twitter site and edit your settings.

Sometimes this doesn't work, because the desktop sites are not fully compatible with mobile browsers; however I tried this with Atomic and The twitter.com site seems to work properly, at least well enough to go to settings and make changes.

OP
Hitchemup

Hitchemup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I'll give it a go. I've been systematically changing all of my accounts to a new email address, but this one had me baffled.

Most reactions

Latest posts