What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFile ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yo~
i'm new on this forum .. nice too meet ya .. :D

ok ... here we go ..
i'm so sorry if my question isn't important for you guys ..
bur i swear.. this matter really annoy me ..

the problem is about iFile:
- i got my iPad jailbreaked
- 1st day ... i can open the iFile
- 2nd day ... everytime i open iFile ... i'm always "kicked" back to home screen... so it just like ... the iFile open for 1 second and.. poof ... back to home screen. ..

idk what happen to my iFile... i'm already restored it (my iPad)...nothing changed .. still the same ..

i hope u can help me guys ... :eek: :eek:

thx before .. :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that someone is here!

So you restored with iTunes?
And re jailbroke and installed ifile and it still crashes?

Ifile might not be compatible with your iOS version. What version are you running?

OP
F

Falcon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that someone is here!

So you restored with iTunes?
And re jailbroke and installed ifile and it still crashes?

Ifile might not be compatible with your iOS version. What version are you running?

yeah, i restored it with itunes...
yep ...

not compatible ?? no way... the 1st time i installed that "thing"... it still worked... but somehow.. tomorrow.. when i want to copy something from "there" and "it" won't opened .. always returned to home screen. ..

and my iOS version is 4.3.3 the newest one ... and i jailbreaked it with redsnow rc16... and iFile is the only app in my iPad which "weird" ... :(

i hope a miracle will come to my "jailbreaked" iPad... :(

maybe u have the other solution ?
:)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Falcon said:
yep ...

not compatible ?? no way... the 1st time i installed that "thing"... it still worked... but somehow.. tomorrow.. when i want to copy something from "there" and "it" won't opened .. always returned to home screen. ..

and my iOS version is 4.3.3 the newest one ... and i jailbreaked it with redsnow rc16... and iFile is the only app in my iPad which "weird" ... :(

Will it run in safe mode?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you know what version of ifile you have? Which repo did you buy it from?

Last edited:
OP
F

Falcon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Falcon said:
yep ...

Will it run in safe mode?

safe mode ?
not yet ... but ... how to run iPad in safe mode ?
:D

Do you know what version of ifile you have? Which repo did you buy it from?

not really ... but from the description ... i got the newest version of iFile ..
and it still work .. until the 2nd day ,.. (it worked before)

i'm already try to download it from the different repo ..

and idk why it suddenly not worked .. :confused:

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I uninstall thru cydia...reboot goto your manage account screen then purchases then choose ifile, if paid will show up here as an installable app...and reinstall from official bigboss repo and edit post to remove those pirate repo's before mod does....
Then once installed..reboot and see if still same issue. Do you have any other tweaks installed that might be in conflict?

Last edited:
OP
F

Falcon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uninstall thru cydia...reboot goto your manage account screen then purchases then choose ifile, if paid will show up here as an installable app...and reinstall from official bigboss repo and edit post to remove those pirate repo's before mod does....
Then once installed..reboot and see if still same issue. Do you have any other tweaks installed that might be in conflict?

what do ya mean with purchase ? i must paid for that "thing"? ... ah, maybe later ... cuz the only reason i jailbreaked my iPad, so i can download anything for free... and i'm so sry to be selfish .. but i'm not void my warranty just for buy that "thing" .. :D

yeah.. i'm already do that... remove > reinstalll from other repo > reboot ..
i even restored it ... but... how sad ... no changed at all .. iFile still "kicked" me to home screen .. :(

uhm ...i don't think so ... cuz iFile still worked on te 1st day ... idk why it so sudden .. :(

and iFile is the only app which has a problem in my iPad .. the other app just work fine .. :D

any idea maybe ?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Falcon said:
what do ya mean with purchase ? i must paid for that "thing"? ... ah, maybe later ... cuz the only reason i jailbreaked my iPad, so i can download anything for free... and i'm so sry to be selfish .. but i'm not void my warranty just for buy that "thing" .. :D

yeah.. i'm already do that... remove > reinstalll from other repo > reboot ..
i even restored it ... but... how sad ... no changed at all .. iFile still "kicked" me to home screen .. :(

uhm ...i don't think so ... cuz iFile still worked on te 1st day ... idk why it so sudden .. :(

and iFile is the only app which has a problem in my iPad .. the other app just work fine .. :D

any idea maybe ?

How would you void the warrany by buying ifile....that already happened once you jb the ipad. It's selfish to think you jailbreaked your device to download everything for free. There are great tweaks that the authors worked hard on that are worthy to be in apples app store but don't meet apples approval soooo.....ifile being one of them.

Because when downloading from offical repo....it will tell you if it is compatible with your firmware. When downloading from those "other" repos's...it bypass's this check and force installs the program possibling resulting in a restore situation.

Have you installed and other tweaks recently? I've noticed ifile has trouble recognizing custom keyboards....

OP
F

Falcon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How would you void the warrany by buying ifile....that already happened once you jb the ipad. It's selfish to think you jailbreaked your device to download everything for free. There are great tweaks that the authors worked hard on that are worthy to be in apples app store but don't meet apples approval soooo.....ifile being one of them.

Because when downloading from offical repo....it will tell you if it is compatible with your firmware. When downloading from those "other" repos's...it bypass's this check and force installs the program possibling resulting in a restore situation.

Have you installed and other tweaks recently? I've noticed ifile has trouble recognizing custom keyboards....

yeah... that's what i mean .. i JB my iPad not for buying something .. i JB it .. cuz i have other reason ... download something for free.. if i want purchase it ..i won't void my warranty with JB my iPad ...
ok then... im sry for my selfishness .. let's get back to the topic.. :D:D

good point .. but i think the problem is the iFile itself .. and i'm already ask to other forum, and yes ... my firmware is compatible with the iFile ..

uhm...maybe i'll give you my tweaks list

just that.. nothing more .. i don't get any idea why must this app ... *sigh*

oh ya ..what do ya mean with recognizing custom keyboard ?

sry for my newbieness... :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

yeah... that's what i mean .. i JB my iPad not for buying something .. i JB it .. cuz i have other reason ... download something for free.. if i want purchase it ..i won't void my warranty with JB my iPad ...
ok then... im sry for my selfishness .. let's get back to the topic.. :D:D

good point .. but i think the problem is the iFile itself .. and i'm already ask to other forum, and yes ... my firmware is compatible with the iFile ..

uhm...maybe i'll give you my tweaks list :
- Cydia
- iFile
- Applinks
- MobileTerminal
- and Games ..

just that.. nothing more .. i don't get any idea why must this app ... *sigh*

oh ya ..what do ya mean with recognizing custom keyboard ?

sry for my newbieness... :eek: :eek:

please edit your post to remove piracy app before mod does...

Anyways....
Do you remember the last directory you accessed in ifile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts