What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icon layout on iPad with iOS 7

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just curious... how many icons are there on iPad with iOS 7 on one "page" (and how many within a folder)? Is it still the same 4x5 "too much empty space" layout as before? For now, I've only updated my iPhone to 7, but still have 6.1 on my iPad (with 6x6 tweaked layout, which is in my opinion the most efficient ;) ).

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no limit to the number of apps you can put into a folder now.

OP
Commodore

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know that from iPhone (but they reduced to 3x3 layout which is kinda lame - IMHO they should at least put this into accessibility options for those who really can't cope with too many icons being displayed at once). But how many rows and columns are there in a folder, and on a page?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know that from iPhone (but they reduced to 3x3 layout which is kinda lame - IMHO they should at least put this into accessibility options for those who really can't cope with too many icons being displayed at once). But how many rows and columns are there in a folder, and on a page?
In a folder, it's 3 x 3, same as iPhone.
I guess (but don't know for sure) it's the same as before on a homescreen.

OP
Commodore

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you're referring to their separate section with all apps (offering at least three possible sorting arrangements), and only putting those you need at hand on your home screens - that's fine too, I see their point.

But 4x5 icons on a home screen (and 3x3 in folders, as J.A. said), that's just plain waste of luxurious screen real-estate. :) I've gotten used to 6x6 layout on my tweaked iPad's home-screens (plus 6 x infinite within folders), and it's really efficient. As I said, those wide-apart icons should be configurable within Accessibility Options (but then again, it's just how I see it - I also don't like those "trendy" websites where you need to either step 10 meters away from your display to read everything, or pres CTRL and Minus three times to reduce the size of fonts and photos ;) ).

Most reactions

Latest posts