What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Should we use iCloud? We know next to nothing about it.

Well, you probably should be using at least a few of the features of iCloud or more, if needed - here's another Apple Link that explains each of the options available in the cloud. Wife and I have separate iCloud accounts, especially for backup purposes of our various iDevices and for not wanting to share all of our stuff, so an important decision to make.

Below is a screen capture of my iPad Air 2 w/ settings opened to iCloud - basically, I am just using 3 of the many features, two of which I feel are important, i.e. 'Find my iPad' & 'Backup' - should probably turn on Keychain - the other choices are less crucial for me and mainly help in synchronizing your data/photos and having cloud storage; Family Sharing & iCloud Drive may be of interest to you, if applicable.

'Find my iDevice' (could be a pad or a phone) is critical for my wife - she regularly misplaces her two iDevices in the house - so taught her to go her iMac and sign into her iCloud account - there she can pick the 'lost' device and make it ring, and then walk around the house to locate the iPad or iPhone. So, look @ the links and decide - Dave :)
IMG_2250.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts