1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iCloud Match Inscrutability

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by Ralderson, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Ralderson

Ralderson iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an iPad2, have purchased iCloud space, purchased iCloud Match subscription, and synched iTunes music on my PC with iCloud. Now, how do I get my iPad to delete the 14GB of music which resides on it and use the cloud? I have gone to settings and turned on Match, and when I did that I received a message that my locally stored music would be deleted and music would be rendered from iCloud. However, in Settings, it still shows my music usage as 14GB. How do I force it to delete the local music and free up all that space?

TIA,
    RCA
  2. Ralderson

Ralderson iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    BTW, I am able to play my music from the cloud ok. All the music which Match was able to match in my iTunes library have a little cloud icon next to them and they download and play successfully. I aw also very happy to see that all of my iTunes playlists also made it to the cloud! :)

Now, all I need is to be able to free up space on my iPad which is duplicated in the cloud and I'll be a very happy camper!

Thanks,
    RCA