What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks

ifrank01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I sync page numbers on different devices?
I have an iPhone and iPad and read books on both. But there does not seem to be a way to keep my place on each device.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To keep your iBooks synced on both devices make sure you've turned on Sync Bookmarks (and Sync Collections if you like) on both devices. Hold in mind they can only sync when there is an internet connection, and you need to be logged into the same account in the iBook Store. (Apple ID/login button is found at the bottom left of most store tabs)

If you read a book on the iPad, but have not had an internet connection since you closed it, it will not have updated on the internet, so the iPhone won't update. Also if you start reading a book on the iPhone, then pick up the iPad it won't know where you left off until it has connected to the internet and synced.

The keys here are.

• Internet connection.
  • Logged into iBook Store
  • Options turned on in Settings.
Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts