1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPhone for music, iPad for books?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by claireylouisa, Jun 1, 2011.

1. claireylouisa

claireylouisa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I think I'm one of the few people who actually doesn't want my iPad and iPhone to both sync everything from my iTunes! I have 13.5GB music so have a 16GB iPhone, and have about 15GB of books I want to read on my iPad, so I really can't have iTunes just syncing everything to both devices. Is there a way I can connect to the same iTunes but have completely different things on each device?

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

Claire
  2. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Yes, I doubt many people actually do sync the exact same things on their iPhone and iPad, much more common to have different things in both, just set up your sync settings for each device in iTunes. For music you may want to setup separate playlists for each device and sync to those rather than the whole library.
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    Yes, it's dead easy. When you connect each device, instead of checking the box which syncs everything for each category of media (e.g. music, video, photo, books), you just select what it is you want to sync. It's really quite intuitive. iTunes will remember separate configurations for all your devices, so no problem with phone, pad, pod, etc, being different.
    Best way to find out about it is to try it!
  4. nancy2011

nancy2011 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just sync what you want, that is exactly what you need to do.