What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ibooks 2.1 any problems with jailbroken 5.0.1?

rotation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I remember, there were problems with ibooks and the jailbreak for 5.x.
So there was a fix in cydia for that.
Then something was changed and ibooks was working properly.

Now ibooks 2.1 is there. Is it save to update or is ibooks 2.1 producing problems on jailbroken 5.0.1 ipad 1?

Second question:
Is there a webpage where old versions of free apps are stored?
So somebody can download an old version of e.g. ibooks?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I only installed 2.1 a few hours ago, but so far I have not had any problems and have flicked through a few purchased books a second ago to "test" for you.

To be clear, that is on 5.0.1. The tethered 5.1 JB for iPad1 breaks iBooks.

As regards old versions, there is no way to do that legitimately "on the internet". You can save your own personal copies from your PC and put them back in iTunes (removing the newer version first). Time Machine on OSX is very useful for that!
All apps (free or paid) are signed with the AppleID they belong to. Sharing them publicly is piracy, and we have a very strong anti-piracy stance here, so the subject of how to do it illegally cannot be discussed.

Last edited:

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So upgrading the iBooks won't effect my jailbroken iPad 2 right? It's not like it's an upgrade from 5.01 to 5.1 correct? (Think I know the obvious answer to this but was a little nervous when I saw the disclaimers when I tried to upgrade so I canceled.)

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
upgraded ibook to 2.1 on my 5.0.1 jailbroken ipad and it worked well (.. so far ..) .... all my books and pdf files were saved .. even "booksstand" tweak that i installed worked fine .

Most reactions

Latest posts