What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading to 5.0.1 on jailbroken iPad2 without losing data

ikbeneland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Sorry for maybe creating a thread that already existed but i've used the search function and couldn't find the answer I'm looking for.

So I'm currently running iOS 4.3.3 on my jailbroken iPad2 and would like to update to iOS 5.0.1 jailbroken without losing any data such as tweaks apps etc. Cydia saved my shsh for 4.3.5 and 5.0.1 so that means it has to be possible right?
I do know how to jailbreak my iPad but I'm afraid it'll cause me to lose data like documents I created in my 'free' version of pages etc. when I update and then jailbreak again.

BartuHTC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no way to restore to iOS 5.0.1 currently. iH8sNow is working about it but it's not possible for now. You can only restore to iOS 5.1 which there's no jailbreak, i0n1c is working on that but there's no definite time. But if you backup your data to iCloud, you'll keep your personal data but I do not recommend if you can't wait for the jailbreak. But in the end, it's up to you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To add:

Regardless of whether you've saved your blobs or not, there is no way to upgrade an iPad2 to any firmware version than what Apple is currently signing. In this case, that's iOS 5.1.

So, if you want to keep your jail break, BartuHTC's advice is spot on. Don't upgrade and wait for the jail breaking community to work their magic on 5.1.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts