What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ibook qustion

ifrederik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey :)

I'm new to this forum so excuse if this question is posted the wrong place

I've just starting using my iPad as an Ereader and I would like to know if it's possible to make the app use another dictionary then the one in the app?
I'm from Denmark and as I like to read english book I would be great to sometimes be able to look up a word and know it's meaning in Danish?

Best,

Frederik

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi There... Welcome to the Forum!

I am going to move this to the Help section where you will get better attention rather than the User News Section.

Thanks! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm afraid the iBooks dictionary is not changeable unless you change the system language on the iPad. (to the best of my knowledge).

However, there are a great many dictionary (even dual language ones) in the App Store. While it is no where near as convenient, you can launch one of these and use the four finger swipe (left and right) to move back an forth between the apps.

If the book is one of the free non-DRM variety, you can even copy and paste the word between apps.

Four/five finger gestures require that you be running iOS 5.x or later and have them turned on in the General Settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts