iBook help

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by Vett, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Vett

Vett
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    For some reason I can't get iBook app to work when I open it I just get a page with two books I saved but can't do anything else, at one time I was able to search for books. I have no trouble on my iPhone ! Am I doing something wrong?

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello - since you posted in the iPad 4 forum, I'm assuming you own an older iPad 4th generation which is limited to iOS 10.3.3 - is that what is installed on your device - might help in the responses? When an app misbehaves, the first step is to do a 'Force Close' (directions HERE, if applicable to your iOS) - if not effective, then 'reboot' your device, i.e. hold both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears (may take 10+ secs), release and allow the iPad to open - check iBooks and post back your results. Dave :)

3. Vett

Vett
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    10.3.3 is what's installed. None of the other things worked either.

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Sorry that the reboot did not work - often solves these issues. Your next step is to delete the iBooks app from your device and then reinstall - some information HERE for iOS 10.x - good luck. Dave :)

5. Vett

Vett
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sorry that was the first thing I tried.

6. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, seems like you already know the steps to follow - :) Just curious if the iBooks app started to misbehave after an iOS 10.x update or never worked correctly w/ that version?

Before I make the next suggestion, have you also tried to restore the iOS from a backup in iTunes or iCloud? If not, some more details HERE, if not familiar w/ the procedure. Dave

#6 giradman, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  7. Vett

Vett
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    fixed thanks