What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i wiped my i pad out

jciulla1978

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my gramma passed and i was given her i pad so i decided to erase all her info well i erased the whole i pad.. the only thing thast comes on is a picture of a usb cord pointing to a itunes cd thats it ...it wont do anything else now i have never had a i pad what do i do

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Plug it into your computer and set it up in iTunes. It wouldn't have been any use to you with someone else's stuff on there so nothing is lost.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, make sure you have the most recent version of iTunes loaded on your computer (it's version 10.6 as of this writing).

It'll be easier starting out with a fresh iPad on on fresh, updated iTunes. Just plug it in and let iTunes recognize it. If iTunes says it needs to upgrade the iPad, then let it, as that'll get you fully up to date and current.

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother.

Marilyn

vsPhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me

I had the same thing happen, computer didn't crash but I have the exact same iPad problem. I plugged it into the most updated version of iTunes but iTunes doesn't recognize that there's an iPad. My computer just tries to search windows for an apple system recovery file but finds nothing.

Most reactions

Latest posts