What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to be asked for itunes password.

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings - General - Restrictions. If you've set up a passcode, enter it. If you didn't, set up a passcode, and make sure that you don't forget it.

Then scroll to Allowed Content - Password Settings and tap it.
image.jpeg

Under "Purchases and In-App-Purchases", select "Always Require", and enable "Require Password" in Free Downloads:
image.jpeg

OP
I

islandman

Go to Settings - General - Restrictions. If you've set up a passcode, enter it. If you didn't, set up a passcode, and make sure that you don't forget it.

Then scroll to Allowed Content - Password Settings and tap it.
View attachment 70258
Under "Purchases and In-App-Purchases", select "Always Require", and enable "Require Password" in Free Downloads:
View attachment 70259
Thank you, I will follow that through in the morning, it's lights out time now,

It is well past noon now and have just followed your instructions. I'm happy to say they were explicit enough for this old duffa to follow and have tried it out, by installing an app (since removed) and my ID was requested. I can only assume that when ios updates, some settings can be changed. Eitherway, it now requests and that's what I wanted, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

islandman

More issues.

The first is that using AppZap pro, I have selected something FREE, entered my password but they say it is wrong and want further verification. I look at screen presented and note that although I had updated my profile due to an address change and phone number, the old one's are still showing. I have endevoured to update this many times but still it presents my old details.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe this will help (if you haven't tried it so far):
Go to Settings - iTunes & App Store, tap your Apple ID and sign out. Restart your iPad, then sign in again.

Or sign in to this site:
https://appleid.apple.com
and make sure the information there is correct. Edit wrong information, if necessary.
Then try the procedure above once more (sign out - sign in).

Most reactions

Latest posts