What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes is constantly asking for password, why?

Reaction score
I've recently upgraded to OS 3.2.2
It appears that ever since that upgrade, a window pops up very frequently with iTunes-Password request for my itunes account.

This was not the case before, and I am wondering if there is a setting that got screwed during the upgrade that would cause this.
How can I prevent iTunes from requesting a password all the time, even when I'm doing something totally different (like checking email).

Thanks for some help!

Best,
Kai

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trust me this is a good thing. I have a friend that was ripped off over $800 purchases in iTunes.

And they DID ask for password. iTunes DO NOT give back your money either. No matter how long you bitch.

Keep it.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always had to enter my iTunes password when i do anything...since iPod touch 1. That isn't anything new.

OP
K
Reaction score
Well, for me it was the first time when I upgraded to 3.2.2

Before, it would only ask for password when I was in App Store or iTunes Store, and was going to purchase something.

Now, every so often, the stupid window pops up. I can't be the only one where this is happening, can I?

Hopefully someone knows of a fix for this.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it pops up randomly, even when you are not purchasing something through iTunes, The App Store or iBooks, then I have to ask... are you jailbroken? This sure sounds like spam to me. If it was me, I would immediately perform a complete restore of your iPad.

OP
K
Reaction score
I just found what very likely the solution to this problem.

Called Apple Care, and after a few checks they suspected something was odd with the iTunes account. Turns out, there was a song that I tried to download same day like the upgrade, but didn't complete. That song was "stuck" in the download list. Therefore, iTunes was constantly trying to complete that download - makes sense I guess!!!

We learn something new each day.

Most reactions

Latest posts