What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I use my ipad a lot in my car, what about you?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ip4 too but its much easier to read on ipad 2 larger screen. Makes for those times when youre waiting for someone more enjoyable.

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
You are not driving, though. Right? You are waiting for someone. You do a lot of waiting in your car do you?

Perhaps it's a similar scenario to me waiting in the car for P while he does the shopping. I don't drive, so I'm safely in the passenger-seat making the most of my Nokia unsmart phone.

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Kathryn! Your Nokia unsmart phone? I use to have one of those!

Still love it. I'm a texter, you see. Virtual keyboards are useless for perverts like me. (A poem!)

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm never in the car without my iPad.. I sometimes use my GPS app when I'm going somewhere that I'm not that familiar with.. Or I'll just leave it on and watch the indicator move down the road :) .. Most of the time I use the Music app and the TuneIn radio app to stream talk and music to my car radio. This leaves my phone free to talk on when I need to use it..

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've opted to wait in the car much more since I got my first iGadget, say when my husband is running an errand.

For my iPads, I've bent some wire plate holders into shape so that they firmly grip an iPad and firmly hang on a steering wheel. I can read and surf hands-free, except to turn pages. I was doing that the other day, because I arrived someplace about 15 minutes early, parked and decided to read in my car rather than go inside just then. A security guard weirded me out, because he kept walking by my car. It turned out he was just curious about how I got my iPad to stay attached to my steering wheel, lol.

pcdebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to figure out a steering wheel contraption. I'm a driver and I usually arrive at a destination early so I sit in my car and read to kill time. I also have it plugged into my radio aux to listen to my music :D

Sent from my white iPad 2 using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to figure out a steering wheel contraption. I'm a driver and I usually arrive at a destination early so I sit in my car and read to kill time.

My steering wheel contraption cost about 4 bucks. I just bent one of these into desired shape to grip an iPad firmly, and the third leg automatically worked to grip the steering wheel. I originally bent it to just use as an easel, then happened to try it in my car, and it worked. (Easiest to bend them against a solid surface like a kitchen or bathroom counter, I've found, because the wire is sturdy.)

Amazon.com: 4-Pack 6AC Gibson Holders - 3 Wire Display w/ Deep Edge - Black: Home & Garden

The way I bent mine, two legs firmly grip an iPad, with the top one easily usable as a handle when I walk around the house.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are not driving, though. Right? You are waiting for someone. You do a lot of waiting in your car do you?
Of course while not driving. Im always schofering my girlfriends around so im always waiting for them while theyre in a store or mall getting something.

Smartassery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing "Tapmyapple" is female.

If I'm right, love the screen name ;-)

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine in the car alot. With my 3G on.. i have it plugged into my stereo listening to Pandora as i drive. Radio is a thing of the past.

dafoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Velcro vent clips

I use InVent Clips in my M3, and they work GREAT!! Waze navigation, and Bmore sports radio in DC traffic FTW!

Most reactions

Latest posts