What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need to move my contacts from thunderbolt to ipad 2 and access them like a rolodex.

JudeII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have contacts on outlook and/or my thunderbolt that I want on my my iPad 2. Once there I want to use the iPad as a Rolodex to access them. I would also need to manage them from the iPad.
What app am I looking for?

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do a google search for how to set up gmail on the iPad as an exchange server. Make sure to check the option where it will sync your contacts from your google account. Done.

OP
J

JudeII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I moved this to the App section

Tim

I appreciate it Tim, as it will most likely get the appropriate exposure there rather than here, but where is the app section?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do a google search for how to set up gmail on the iPad as an exchange server. Make sure to check the option where it will sync your contacts from your google account. Done.

I happen to have that link handy. :)

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

If you don't want to sync the desktop programs to GMail, you can export your contacts as .csv or vCard files and then import them to GMail.

While the Contacts app on the iPad does not look exactly like a rolodex, I think you'll find it easy enough to use. There is an alphabet tab to the left of the contact list that you can tap to jump to different areas of the list. Not much different than a rolodex.

Last edited:
OP
J

JudeII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet outstanding! I'm on it. Let's see what kind of trouble I can get into now.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I happen to have that link handy. :)

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

If you don't want to sync the desktop programs to GMail, you can export your contacts as .csv or vCard files and then import them to GMail.

While the Contacts app on the iPad does not look exactly like a rolodex, I think you'll find it easy enough to use. There is an alphabet tab to the left of the contact list that you can tap to jump to different areas of the list. Not much different than a rolodex.

Perfect!

I've been using this since the very first day I got my iPad. It's been pretty rockin'.

OP
J

JudeII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have followed the instructions on the google webpage, even worked thru unlocking the captcha, and have received zero. I'm missing something im sure. Is there something I need to ensure is set up on the droid?

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JudeII said:
I have followed the instructions on the google webpage, even worked thru unlocking the captcha, and have received zero. I'm missing something im sure. Is there something I need to ensure is set up on the droid?

You might need to go into your Thunderbolt settings and make sure that your contacts are being backed up to your Google account.

Most reactions

Latest posts