What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Itunes error (0XE8000012) to Can't Activate; Help Please

bmwu14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I guess I really screwed it up.

I have an iPad2 3G running iOS 5.1.1.
I used to use iTools to back it up; however, iTools stop working after updating to 5.1.1.

Now that JB for iOS 6.1 came out; I wanted to upgrade to 6.1 and JB.

I did the original JB on this iPad2 on my notebook (Win7 64bit) which does not have much hard disk space left.
So I downloaded the newest version of Itunes to my desktop computer (Win7 64bit) 0Xand connect my iPad2 to it.

I got the Itunes can not connect to your iPad2 error (0X8000012).
I did some googling.

One of the solution offered is to use iFile to delete /var/root/Library/Lockdown folder on my iPad2.
Then connect the iPad2 to the desktop PC; that should solve the problem.

Unfortunately, when I did this and connect the iPad2 to the desktop PC and run iTunes, I got
this message "we are sorry we are unable to continue with your activation at this time."

I tried to activate over wi-fi. Same problem. I tried to activate with or without the sim card; same result.
I tried to go back to the notebook; same issue.

I now have an unusable iPad2. I have looked through Apple support forum; it's pretty useless. If you are under warranty,
you can get a replacement. Otherwise, buy a new one.

Any suggestion or help is appreciated. Thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts