What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hope there is a solution...

reelguitars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, just got my new iPad 2 and I want to use it only for my solo music show. I'm a solo guitarist and I've loaded a number of backing tracks on it that I play along with. Some of the newer material has vocals and I'd like to have the words in front of me to help cue me. Now, I don't want a karaoke type thing...just like a wordpad document. When I'm playing each song, a big musical not appears...it doesn't do anything, just sits there as long as song is playing. Is there a way I could edit the file that contains the pic of the musical note and replace it with a file that has my lyrics in it? Or...is there a way that I can attach a file to the songs that I need lyrics for so that it will open when the song starts? Thanks in advance for your help. DC

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there - i am going to move this to General Discussion. It is currently in our Special Needs Forum for Members/Family that have physical and cognitive impairments and use their ipads to improve their quality of living.

I believe that you will get better attention there.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Music app displays the note when it does not have any album cover art. You can add your own art in iTunes (on the computer) by right clicking on the song and choosing Get Info, then adding the picture file to the Artwork tab. The next time you sync the iPad the cover art should transfer.

Obviously this isn't the best way to display the lyrics. Unfortunately the Music app (on the iPad) lost the ability to show lyrics. Be nice if Apple added it back.

The other option is to present your lyrics in another app, any you like. Launch that app and display the lyrics. After you've launched Music you can can use the four finger swipe gestures to switch back and forth between the apps.

There are also apps designed for DJ's. I'm not familiar with any of them, but they might have features you would find useful.

OP
R

reelguitars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerpoet...thanks for your help. I have been using fileapp pro and not itunes. I had itunes on an old ipod and I felt like the airplane was flying the pilot. I simply have a list of around 100 backing tracks. I don't want itunes to group them, tweak them, or do anything to them. I'm just using my ipad in the capacity of a large screen mp3 player. Maybe I can add some album art through the fileapp software. I'll keep trying.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just done a quick search and wondered if something like the LiveTrax Pro App might be more useful to you.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Won't hurt to keep looking through the App Store. It is likely there is an app that will do exactly what you want. The problem is finding it.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts