Music title scroll - can I stop it?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by nealp, Jun 10, 2014.

1. nealp

nealp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    When I flick up from the home button to get the line of function buttons (airplane, wi-fi, music controls, etc), it constantly scrolls the name of a song.

I don't use my iPad for music (that's what I have an iPod for), and have only played one song on it when I first got the iPad, just to test it.

Is there any way to clear that song name from scrolling across on the bottom left?

Granted this is not a major problem, but I like to keep things as clean and clear as possible - and it does bug me a little.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried tried closing the music app by double tapping the home button, then swiping up on the thumbnail above the music app icon?

3. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Open a YouTube video in Safari. Switch to some other app, and the media player will just show "Safari" instead of scrolling a song name.

4. nealp

nealp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Rules - Moderator please note

Thank you, scifan57, for your referral to the rules. My intention is to always faithfully follow them

But something has hijacked these posts, and it's absolutely not my doing!

When I first posed this thread, the word "iPad' had no link. Sometime since then the word became a link to a commercial site.

It happened to my post and also to a helpful reply.

Hope you're able to find the cause and eliminate it. This is a very helpful, well run forum and I hate to see it abused.

5. nealp

nealp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Mahalo nui loa (Thanks very much), LannyC. The Safari switch worked perfectly. One minor annoyance fixed - result: a very happy camper.